View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #154
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
No matter what GM does with the next Camaro, some folks will love it and some will hate it. There's no getting around that.

The most resistance to change seems to be coming from some fans/owners of the current car. There seems to be a feeling that the current car is darn-near perfect, and GM shouldn't mess with success.

I understand that some folks are totally in love with their cars, and that's great, but let's face it, the world isn't standing still. GM is competing with the Mustang... and Chrysler/Fiat... and the Japanese... and the Germans.

The Camaro will change and must change. If you're enamored with the current Camaro, buy one. If you already own one and are totally in love with it but are afraid of the next generation, then consider buying a 2014 or 2015 while they're still available.

Meanwhile, some of us are looking forward to and welcoming the idea of an Alpha-platform Camaro. There are a lot of things I like about the current car (i.e., powertrains, styling), but there are some areas that I think could be improved (i.e., visibility, weight, etc). I'm hoping that the next Camaro is smaller and lighter but with the same great engines and design. We'll see...
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote