View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #18
BumbleBeeV62011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeSS View Post
Watching all these new $85,000 cars come off the assembly line with 800 HP is mind boggling to me, but hey if you have the money that's your choice. Also I read all these threads about spending big bucks to get more HP, again that's your money so do with as you please. For me, my stock SS is plenty fast and there will always be another car faster no matter how much I spend. Maybe if I was at the track it would be important, but I don't go there. Does anyone agree with me?
I work with a guy that is like this. He likes to throw money around and, I suppose, try to impress everybody with what he has. He recently bought a 70 nova rolling chassis and, of course, has big plans for it. Now, I'm normally all for helping a guy plan and build a car, but this time is different. This person used to be a close friend of mine, but we barely speak to each other any more. He likes to pick on me and another friend of mine who also drives a 5th gen Camaro. We constantly hear how our cars are slow, or a POS, etc. We both are life long gear heads with automotive backgrounds, while the owner of the nova has no business holding a wrench. The difference between the two sides here is that one side will build what they want with their own two hands. The other side will be paying somebody else to do the work.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is, some people just want that $85k car to say "look at me, I got money". Some want it simply as a status symbol. As someone above already said, just because you spent a fortune on buying a fancy car doesn't mean you are king dingaling. An example, while I was living in Houston I was a regular at rankin and westheimer watching street racing. One night I watched a Toyota mr2 whoop the hell out of a Lamborghini. Of course the Lamborghini had a lot more money invested in it, but it didn't win.
BumbleBeeV62011 is offline   Reply With Quote