View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

On the current car the belt line is toooooo high, the roof tooooooo slammed. The fenders are too high and the rear is toooooo ummm big. It's just hard to maneuver as those styling attributes make the car drive even bigger than it is.

Your proportions indicate no change in the size of the car, just a rework of the current car. And again, that looks great!

My predictions for the next Camaro is it will be a much more livable car. It will have better visibility, more refinement and be a much better car for the non V8 crowd. And then when you put the V8 in ........ magic will happen.

I disagree and agree with your statement lol. Of course I respect your opinion and this is just my opinion, but I love the high belt line, the big huge broad shoulders for fenders, and the big butt. I love all of that. Its what makes the car so striking...there is nothing else quite like it. For me, if they took all of that away your left with a much more bland template to work with.

That said, if they did lower the belt line down a bit and give it more of a green house I'm sure it would still look great. The car would look more slim, and visibility would improve somewhat....but I still feel like if they want to have a higher beltline and a tad less greenhouse than the Mustang I am perfectly fine with that. In fact...I'd prefer it.

As for your predictions on the next car and its livability and drivability, I completely agree.

I do agree that the renderings here are more of a 5th gen refresh than a whole new generation, but if Chevy wants to make the 6th an evolution of the 5th I'm fine with that. I just have to pray they nail the styling, b/c I don't feel the nailed it with the 5th gen refresh.

If they raised the belt line a bit, the rest of the car would shrink appropriately and they could definitely get the car to be a bit smaller, and on the lighter Alpha chassis.

Otherwise if they want to go a whole new design (but hopefully keep some of the Camaro trademark characteristics) I'm down for that too!