View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #101
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Easy, Tiger...first, I don't own a ZL1...lol...second, I'm not in the least upset about what people put on their cars....third, why do you defend those who use ZL1 parts, then slam the actual ZL1 car?...

Until I see a thread that says "I Bought a Used ZL1..!!!...Turns Out it was a Fake!!!...WTF???"...then I'll believe those who get all upset about putting on different parts have an argument....But I don't think that will ever happen...
That's fair, I did take a shot at the ZL1. Im not totally slamming it, just pointing out that aside from the magnetic's, its not much different in the end than people who have supercharged their SS and set it for track duty.

Its not a unique vehicle, so why there's so much hate from people for anyone who dares add "ZL1" items to their car is beyond my understanding.

As you state, unless someone is trying to sell their car as a ZL1 when its not, how is it possibly hurting or impacting anyone else?

A real Camaro owner or enthusiast will recognize within a few minutes that its not a real ZL1, and the average person on the street cant even tell the difference between an LT and SS when they see it, much less a ZL1. And as far as cost, people who don't know seem to think I paid insane amounts for my SS.

If your wanting to flaunt how much money you spent on a vehicle, you will need to go to a much higher bracket before anyone really cares, the only ones who will be like wow are other Camaro owners and enthusiast, and I direct you to my fourth paragraph on this comment.