View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #98
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Thanks for answering back. The more I think about this project of your, the more difficult I realize it is. Both for you and GM

There is a certain element of following recent trends that has to be taken into account to appear "fresh". But at the same time you have to be different. Radical different could implode.

If you look at styling over the years for any brand of auto...there was always development in a "direction" and "look" for say each decade.

Right now, chrome is coming back, heavy side sculpturing is coming back and sharp angularity is in vogue (see the Genesis pic and new Corvette and gill work on new SS)

I applaude your efforts
You're more than welcome and thank you for participating! It's an interesting exercise isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Doc, I think you should add a grille the the opening on the loweer fascia. perhaps have it come to a point in the center? And see hw that works. I dont think it'd be too good to just keep the opening as you kind of need protection for the radiator and what not ya know? And maybe ass a small splitter on the bottom to add a little depth?
I've been thinking about that actually. I was thinking maybe a black mesh grille of some kind in front of the radiator but under/behind the body work so I could keep that opening. I'll play with a few ideas there and see how it looks.

At any rate here's the latest versions/revisions for the front, side and perspective views. These are without the wheel well extensions. The side view has more flow to the fender lines and overall less chunky looking. I dropped the entire upper half a bit above the side line to give the whole car more of a low profile look.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fa.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  38.0 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fp.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  120.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM