View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #176
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Shale requires even more processing and has yet to be done in a true commercial process and has the extra step of getting the environmentalists to ok strip mining the Rocky Mountains increasing cost even more.
I don't think we will have much trouble convincing them of anything...

This weekend a CNN news anchor tried to get Bill Nye the "Science Guy" (with only a mechanical engineering degree, which makes him an expert on climatology) to tie Winter Storm Nemo to "Climate Change". Hilarious stuff! But it gets better...

Later in the interview when the topic switched to the near miss of the Earth by asteroid 2012 DA14, the anchor attempted to get him to blame close encounters with near Earth asteroids on global warming.

These luddites will believe anything. We can tell them that the population in china is growing so rapidly that we need to stip mine the rockies to counter balance the mass of all the population on the opposite side of the Earth, otherwise the Earth will be in danger of tipping over.

The green lemmings will flood the rockies with pick axes and bare hands, to help strip-mine the oil and minerals, believing that they are saving the planet from capsizing.

If we play it right we can get them to put all the oil and ore into our trains and we can haul it off and sell it and get richer than Al Gorzeera. The irony will be delicious!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote