View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #48
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
I don't think you can blame them entirely. They listened to all the tough talk and want about a track animal, they built it and it didn't sell. As far as volume, they will end up making more GT350R's than Z's,and they are still commanding ADM's three years in to production. GM just doesn't have the brand loyalty of Ford/Shelby owners- they will be getting 20-30k ADM's for the new GT500 when that comes out too. I have both a Z and R, to me they represent the two best NA road race based pony cars ever that will be built by GM and Ford.
The bulk of Z/28 production happened as the new gen6 was revealed so it already looked dated. Compare that to the GT350 whose volume trickled out on a new platform with better ergonomics and options. After three model years, it still not equal so am I to assume Ford is making a 2018, fourth model year?

Z/28
2014 - 515
2015 – 1,292
Total - 1,807

GT350R
2015 – 37
2016 - 526
2017 - 905
Total - 1,468

Bottom line
- Chevy overproduced in the last year of the generation.
- Volume eliminates ADM once the guys that must be first get theirs.
- Availability to average buyers for under MSRP beats limiting them to only the rich. The bad old days when cars like the 87 GNX were not even a consideration for regular people.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote