Old 11-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
Well.. Sort of.

ATS-V weight has been publicised at 3600lbs.

Check the link
http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-cadilla...and-1657355253

If the ATS-V is a twin turbo V6 with all possible luxuries, what will a stripper LT1 camaro weigh?

This is my first post here. I've been following the camaro since camaro5.com more or less. I registered because i could not believe why no one had brought this fairly new info up yet?

Please, discuss
Adding luxury usually adds weight. But cutting weight usually costs money. The question is, which plays a bigger role: features or cost? And keep in mind, a lot of what used to be considered luxury is now standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
If the 2.0L ATS coupe is weighing in around 3450 lbs and the V6 at 3560 lbs,

I don't see how a V8 Camaro on the same platform is going to lose much weight from where the 5th gen is now. The V8 engine, the transmission, rear end, brakes, cooling all adds weight.
You might have to define 'much weight' here. Because to me, that implies less than about 50 lbs and I don't see that happening. The V6 ATS is about 200 lbs lighter than the current V6 Camaro. I can't see the 6th gen Camaro adding back 150 lbs
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote