View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #82
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Doc,

While I can certainly appreciate the amount of time, and effort your put into you 3d model of "the 6th gen".... I would not buy that car based on looks. From looking at it it looks like a slightly modified 2014 front end from the windshield forward, and a c7 vette from there back.

I wish I had the time/energy to make an attempt at a 6th gen render, but alas, I do not, so I commend you!

I'm holding onto my '13 until I see the official 6th gen, and at which-point, I will either jump ship all together, or go back and buy an 01-02 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or a G8 gxp, and it will be the end of my new car experience all together.
That's fine. My design isn't for everybody but it doesn't have to be in order to be successful. And it would be successful. It has the "family look" and that's intentional. While it doesn't sound like you're a Camaro loyalist, those customers who do feel that way are EXTREMELY loyal and they want a car that looks like a Camaro. My design accomplishes that while advancing the look-and-feel to a more sophisticated level. It's intended to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

I'm going to find pictures of the 2104 Camaro and C7 that have angles I can match on my model and do comparison renders so you can see the actual difference. Because I didn't do over-the-top stying, my design is somewhat deceptive; it's much more of a change than you might think.

And thank you for the compliments.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote