View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #17
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
CRC makes a product. You disconnect the Maf connector, remove intake elbow from throttle body, start the car, and spray through the throttle body.

If the engine bogs down, quit spraying until it returns back to normal idle speed.

You don't need to go crazy and spray a whole can, just enough to where you see the bore around the throttle body is clean. It surprisingly gets carboned up pretty fast.

You will get a CEL from disconnecting the Maf which can be cleared with a scan tool or disconnecting the ground on the battery for 30minutes.

Yup...as I mentioned earlier, I did this on my GMC Terrain after I bought it and it made a big difference. Part of the reason why I started this thread as a heads up. If you start doing this as a preventative maintenance early on in the engines life, then it may save the need to take it in for the expensive media blast cleaning procedure down the road.
actually on the CRC stuff, you should have 2 people unless you have a way to keep the gas pedal pressed. the rpms need to be kept around 2000 rpms. do it in about 10 second bursts, and the entire can should be used per cleaning. this is per the instructions on the can. remember, this isn't technically for the TB...this is to get to the intake valves. after the can is done, rev 3 times, and shut it down. wait near an hour, start up and drive highway speeds. been using it for about 3 going on 4 years now.

you don't have to disconnect the maf sensor at all. just use a port somewhere on the intake tube PAST the maf sensor, on the intake manifold itself. PCV port is one option Ive used on the LFX (2013 Camaro) and the clean side port on the LGX (2016 Camaro).

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote