View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #312
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Doc, I hope this isn't too anime-ish for you.
If I had thousands of hours to mess around, I'd take your other views and mesh my vision with them as well, but you'll just have to imagine what the rest of this version would look like because honestly I spent waaaaay too much time on it already.
It's funny that you added the fender line and then painted the lowers body colored because I did that (albeit different) before you posted those updates.
The white lines below the headlights and side intakes are LED's, much like the C7 has in its headlights. Speaking of the headlights, these are mildly inspired by the TF4 Bumblebee (though the rest of that car is hideous). Don't blast me too badly for the execution, I've never 'made' headlights before.

If this car was available today and with all the other goodies it is going to have, I would run out and trade in my '12 SS immediately (mods and all) despite my wife's complete rejection of the idea.
We will see a lot of these cues in the real thing, I promise. Unfortunately (to me, anyway), some of them won't make it (I don't feel like elaborating right now).

Everyone let me know what you think, good or bad! Hopefully I didn't wreck Doc's rendering too badly in your eyes!
Actually that's pretty darned nice! I like the way you shaded the sides of the car. I actually like this... a lot. The whole front upper grill is really well done. Yours is a more "modern" looking style; just a slight amount of trendy/anime but not overdone. You're right; this would sell. After spending some time looking at it, I wouldn't change a thing. From the roof detail right down to the lower edges of the front; I wouldn't change a thing.

This is really good; it would have been really great if I'd thought of it lol. But I must say it's really cool to see a design I started spark something like this.

You did spend a lot of time on this, didn't you... lol. Welcome to the addiction. I actually got hold of a 3D program and have started to put this thing into 3D so I can model it and show the way it would really look; complete with surfaces, lighting, etc.

My design is more of a purist/traditional style; yours is a more current trends/marketable style. If I can get the hang of this 3D program I'll model both styles.

REALLY good job man.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM