View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #222
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
I'm not sure that you understand that because a car shares the same platform doesn't mean they will share the same dimensions, wheelbase, track etc. or weight. Platforms can be modified in many ways to support many applications. The Zeta platform that GM adapted for the 5th Gen Camaro was heavily modified from larger 4 door architecture. Alpha will have to be modified for the Camaro as it is being for the new CTS. An Alpha based Camaro won't share the same wheelbase, track, overall length or width with the CTS or ATS and thus it will be misunderstood to think the weight won't change either.
CTS is going to be on Alpha II which is a stretched version, every indication at this point in time is that the 6th gen Camaro will be on the same Alpha chassis as the ATS. I think it is you who misunderstand, most everyone that has been following the 6th gen Camaro developement from the start has a pretty good idea that it will be very close in size and weight with the ATS. Your strandard answer/question on every thread I've seen you reply to (and I've not seen them all) is that 6th gen Camaro needs to be smaller and lighter, that conclusion has already been decided.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote