View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #149
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
GM, just me personally but id take some consideration into making the ZL1, Z/28 models (or whatever high end model you deicde to go with) harder for others to make there LS/LT/SS into them. It may be impossible but owning several models I've never been the type to slap other models parts on it to make it a clone(unless it was produced that way from factory, i.e 1LE). It may be harder to manufacture but making it extremely difficult would deter others to clone.

Some may disagree but owning a ZL1 I've seen alot of cloning/copying going on as of lately, from the 1LE/ZL1 rims, to ZL1 conversion kits. It makes owning an actual ZL1 alittle less pleasing. I understand rims being easy to buy but making exterior changes to the body dramatically will make people think twice about doing major modifications. Simple bolt-on parts are what is making people do it, take that way, and that'll cure that issue. I understand you'll stay have the die hard cloners but giving them some speed bumps could be easy. Just like its hard for others to install the mylink Nav into older models the same could be done for other areas.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Thanks.
seriously?

boo hoo....

people buy what they can afford and mod to their taste.

Lambos have been cloned in kit cars for years, as have Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martins and many other high priced exotic cars.

Not everyone can afford the high end model, and as I recall "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

So who gives a rats ass if they put a fascia on it..

-------

Now if they are upbadging a base or SS with ZL-1 badging, yes I will agree that is in poor taste, but the only person they are embarrassing is themselves.

Personally I think everyone needs to stop worrying about what other people do and start to look a whole lot harder at themselves. Why is it anyone's business how someone else decides to modify THEIR car that THEY paid for.

Now, if you want to fork over some cheddar for my mods I will be more than happy to let you decide what I can and can't do.. But until that happens.. Mind your own business.

---

And for the record, I would never put ZL-1 parts on my SS, but I won't mock those that do.

lastly I didn't read the whole thread, only the first page, so if I am repeating thoughts and sentiments already conveyed, sorry.