View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #133
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
OP, I respect your opinion here and you certainly are free to feel the way you do. I simply fail to see how somebody modding their Camaro by adding ZL1 parts makes your ZL1 ownership experience less satisfying in any way.

I mean, modifying cars has always been one of the hallmarks of this enthusiast community. If some other Camaro owner wants to add ZL1 parts to their car, who are we to be somehow put out by this? More power to them. I think some could see this as a bit of a pompous position. Not everybody can or feels like dropping $60K on a ZL1. If there is some bolt on somebody likes and can add it to their car for a few hundred dollars, they should have easy access to these parts.
I might have said or came across it the wrong way. My intentions aren't bad, I swear, lol.

I guess I keep asking myself why do I not see Corvette owners imitating ZR1's? or CTS owners, imitating CTS-V's? Maybe they are in fact out there but not in strong force like the Camaro. I understand the whole modifying, etc. I have modified my previous vehicles but none of them imitated anything I guess, I wanted to stay away from that because I've never been that type of person or understood why.

A member did say it right though, imitation is a form of flattery. Maybe i'm asking for the wrong thing. Maybe I should be asking GM to consider making a ZL1 package similiar to what Shelby has done for the Super snake and the only way to obtain that would be to require a ZL1 VIN #. A (codename ZL1-R) package in 2-3 different stages? 630hp/680hp/750hp? Just a thought though. Aftermarket companies already have this being offered but for me it isn't the same as GMPP offering it, while remaining the factory warranty.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-29-2013 at 06:31 AM.