View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #106
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
If Camaros are going to be the new Honda accord I don't want one. If they are going to be Altimas-- No. EV's can be pretty fun? What site are we on? You are HOPING for a prius Camaro? You can buy a Leaf or Prius right now! Why advocate for a Camaro to be one? You guys always claim V8 owners are attacking V6rs. All I see is attacks against anyone who even states they like V8's. Maybe this forum is done for me and I just need to find one where one is not ridiculed for liking LS3 and LS7 engines.
Wow!!! Sure hope you didn't hurt yourself jumping to all of those conclusions there.

Love the LS7. If you knew my life story you might begin to understand that.

Where did you get the hoping for a Prius Camaro? We do have a $1 Million dollar Porsche Hybrid though. Is that a bad thing?

The Camaro IS a coupe. LS and LT compete against other V6 coupes in the same price range. You are missing something if you don't understand the the coupe banner is carried by the Camaro. And if all you need in a stylish coupe is a V6 for some fun and reasonable economy, then the things that this website has b**ched about for 3 years now matter. Trunk space and lift over. High belt lines and poor visibilty. Poor sightlines out the back. And as many miles as I've put on Camaro's, I have yet to try to parallel park one.

You act as if there were no Berlinettas in the Camaros past. At it's heart it is a stylish and affordable coupe. SS, IROC and Z28 versions over the years have made for some awesome cars...............based on a stylish coupe.

Would GM be better off if the Camaro was THE coupe of choice? Stealing sales from Honda and Nissan? You better believe it.

I hope you able to see the train wreck of higher and higher gas prices coming at us. And I am curious as to what that solution is from your perspective. The only way to keep a V8 powered car in the Fleet is to have far more economical choices to choose from. And if stealing sales from Honda and Nissan on the 4 and 6 cyclinder cars gets the numbers high enough then there is more room for a V8 in the Average.

Also don't you think the Camaro would have been farrrrrrrr better off at launch with an interior and ergonomics similar to the Honda and Nissan coupes? Boy I sure do.