View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 11:35 AM   #1
Kelevra

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Is the LTG really a weak engine?

Hi, so I've been reading about this engine and right now I have mixed feelings about it, my goal was to mod my Camaro and hopefully get it around 300 - 350 hp to the wheels just because I want something "unique" without having to spend V8 money, but while I've seen some say that the engine can hold up up to 400hp on stock internals I've also seen some other say that a simple tune can cause the engine to blow up, so I'm really hesitant on doing anything at this point.

I have a couple of questions for you guys with more experience and knowledge about this engine with the hope to get a better understanding about the situation I'm on right now.

How reliable is this engine in stock form? So far I've had no major problems other than replacing my wastegate valve but I've also read from other people that this engine is a headache to work with.

How much HP can this engine really handle on stock internals? (I do plan on getting forged internals at some point but I'm curious about how far it can be pushed before having to do so)

What questions should I ask my tuner to know he can do the job? I already got in touch with a very reputable tuner in my zone, but I don't think he has any experience with this particular engine.

Lastly, is my goal even achievable? The reason I went with the 4banger was because in my country only 6th Gen 2.0s came in manual and people were saying that with a few bolts on they were getting respectable numbers (~300hp to the wheels), but if I'm going to spend the difference in price of a 6th Gen V8 I don't think it's worth it, so be real with me.

Thanks in advance.
Kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote