Thread: GM Lowering Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #52
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Okay I pulled the trigger on the new GM sway bar kit a couple of days ago from Matthew at ThatCamaroPartsGuy site and the price is right! I plan to get the GM lowering kit in a few weeks and be done with that. I priced it out at the GMPartsHouse as well as the GMPerformance site and Matthew's price beats them all. With the other two have a slightly lower price with free ship, ThatCamaroPartsGuy comes out to be $100 less which I'll take. I plan to order this within the next week or so and then have them both installed when the weather breaks.
I also spoke to the GM engineers at the PRI30 about the install and warranty and they said that the parts should be installed by the dealership to have warranty honored on the parts in case of a failure. I told them that most dealerships have no clue on recocking or timing the bushings and they said this was true, but have the dealership install the parts so they will be associated with the cars history and then have my own shop time the bushings and do the alignment, this way I'm comfortable knowing all that was done correctly or to my satisfaction.
The part number for the lowering kit is SKU:84188726