View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #156
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I understand what you're saying.

I guess what I was getting at was that I think it was wise of both Ford and Chevy to build the GT and SS with slightly more compliant suspensions for the sake of ride-quality for the masses. For that minority of us that would appreciate and use a stiffer, more sporty suspension could opt for the more expensive equipment. But this time, offer those packages from the get-go, instead of three years later.

Even the bilstein adjustable shocks can be pricey for a 'base' model of these cars. And as I understand it, they have two modes; stiff and stiffer.

I can speak from my experience with driving an M3 (with Bilsteins) as well as my GT500 it's actually quite a difference between the two suspension modes. It's undoubtedly stiffer than say MSRC but not to the degree that some people say (of course I have a different idea of what is stiff compared to the average person, my Camaro for example is looser than Pam Anderson IMO)

I agree that it would probably be too much of a cost to be standard unfortunately...

And yes I just started a GIF war with you!!!
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote