View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #59
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
The times, they are a-changin'.

The new GM is in love with 4-bangers (turbo & NA), putting them in a lot of cars that never had them before, e.g., Impalas and CTSs.

It's an industry-wide trend, with companies like Ford & BMW also moving this way.

Personally, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. A 4-cylinder anything in the current Camaro seems absurd. But the new Camaro? Well, who knows? If it's a leaner, lighter, more sports-car-than-muscle-car kind of vehicle, then maybe a turbo 4 as a base engine makes a certain amount of sense. We'll see.
This, times are changing. All the automakers are going to have to do drastic things to meet CAFE requirements, aluminum F-150s powered by 2.7L turbo V-6s, eco diesel rams, Silverado and Sierra are going aluminum eventually too. Look at all the cars out there that you can get a 4 cyl or turbo 4 cyl in. Hell even FULL SIZE cars are getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2010ss View Post
4 cyl doesn't scream Camaro. I don't want my muscle car to sound like a SS cobalt. It doesn't matter to me if it makes more HP than the v8, its not the same. I'd just call the car something else instead of Camaro.

Its kinda like the new BMW M cars going boost. Sure its faster than previous cars, but its not the same soul of the car. Atleast Camaro gets a v8 option I guess.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo8hkk View Post
NO 4 banger PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
i dont care if it makes 600hp. i cant fathom hearing a riceburner sound out of a muscle car. especially a camaro!!!
While I agree 4 cylinder doesnt scream Camaro or mustang to me, if it helps GM and Ford build a more bad ass V-8 pony car I am all for it. and besides, if you don't like it, don't buy it!
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote