View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #68
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
My experience is a little different.

Got mine in 2011 - even then it totally commanded attention. Got about two years of that. Wasn't until the last year or two that they sort of became old hat. (Seriously, when a 5 year old LS that was only $22k to begin with hits the used market - every kid with a couple of bucks snags one. These cars are everywhere now.)

Sure, you can mod the crap out of it and still draw attention, but that's true of any car.

My guess is that the 6th gen (at least as far as we know it to look) isn't going to have the same head-turning appeal simply because it's similar to what's out there.

When the 5th gen debuted there was simply nothing like it on the road. The 6th gen is falling (looks-wise) right in the ballpark with the 5th gen and the C7. Quite frankly, we've seen cars that look like it.

Seems to me the 5th gen was about getting a car out there that looked stunning and like nothing else. The 6th gen is about refining that look (I say 'homogenizing', but to each his own) and finally delivering performance.

I'm sure it will draw attention like any sports/muscle car does, but nothing like those got with the first couple of model years on the 5th gen.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote