Thread: 1LE badge
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 05:36 AM   #24
beowulf556

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarshav View Post
not trying to start a flame war or insult anyone, every can do what they want with their own car, God bless ya bro. For me, I never plan to sell my car so it doesnt matter, but you do realize by messing with the stickers on your car, you are reducing its value for essentially no reason?

I'm just saying the car is perfect as it is. Adding badges to this car in my view, just degrades it. Any non-stock badge is upbadging IMHO. Every Camaro guy knows what a 1LE is, and those that don't, wont care. I get lots of compliments on mine and all the badges are factory. If you do performance mods and want to put some performance badges on it, I totally get that. But to add badges to an otherwise stock car, well, is very "ricey" and degrades the car. Last thing I would want to do is rice up my camaro. Just my opinion as a lover of these cars, I've had 2 of them now, and plan to keep the 1LE till I'm dead. But if you are in the market for a used camaro, and see two of them, one has a bunch of badges that dont belong on it, and the other is an untouched virgin looking car, both otherwise with same miles and year, which one is going to look more appealing to you?

I'm not saying this car is in the same league as a Vette, or a McLaren, but you don't generally see people adding badges to Vettes and McLarens or other high end cars. There's a reason for that. It takes away from the "originalness" of the car and devalues it for nothing other than looking cool?
I added a 1LE badge to my car, I guess it's devalued? I also tinted the windows so I suppose it's devalued even more? Your logic is flawed my man, badges can come off as easily as they are put on, has zero effect on the value of a car.
2020 Mercedes A35 AMG (Daily)
beowulf556 is offline   Reply With Quote