View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #181
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
then overall we would win, as we now are.

I am confident our team can beat their team esp. if our guys get to see their's first.

Yes, an IRS Mustang will be heavier than the current SRA car.
However, I doubt Ford's next car will be flexy. They have tons of power avail in the 500 now, and whatever they build will harness that. They have been beat up too much regarding this as we have for weight.

Our base V8's and track package cars should be lighter, even if just by a small amount. Let the customer add a bunch of weight in options if they want.

If this is done then I feel our light and simpler kick butt, DI V8's will tip the balance to Camaro.
again.
I seriously doubt that Ford is going to let the Mustang gain weight... IRS doesn't automatically mean it will be a heavier car. It's pretty much a given that the car is going to be shrunk down a bit (and that alone will help with weight), will it be 100, 200, 300, 400 pounds? Only the engineers know but I'm sure they will make it stiffer too. I seriously doubt it will be anymore than 300 across the board though. The word is that it is going to be on a S197 2.0, so they just have to improve on the current chassis which after 10 years you can pretty much ensure they know what to fix...

I seriously doubt that the 6th Gen Camaro will be significantly lighter than the 5th Gen Mustang. The V6 ATS is within 100lb's of the current Mustang so possibly 50-100 LBS's less for the Camaro (just guessing)...

It's more than anything with the next gen's going to come down to a few things:
1. Fanboyism/Brand Loyalty
2. Which Car is Personally Better Looking/Fits the Buyer Better (Subjective Obviously)
3. Which is Cheaper
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote