View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #71
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
First, I applaud the length and effort that you are putting forth My first area I'd like to focus on is the Roof line. For some reason, it gives off a resemblance to our rival. The next area is at the base of the C-pillar that meets the door and the hood. I think I've seen something similar on an exotic, not sure if a Lambo or Ferrari. I understand that you are trying to increase front visibility, but that area looks off from your 2D drawings. How about rounding out that area of the hood that drops into the door.

Yes there's a touch of Ferrari, Lambo and Maserati in there. I think that's a good thing myself. I'm still working on that area; it's extremely difficult to get the polygon mesh to do what I want it to do.

If you are to scale with the ATS architecture, the car looks a little wider than the 5th gen from the rear view. To lessen the appearance, maybe widen the top cabin to offset it.

It is a few inches wider, but it's also designed to look wide. I want it to have a fighter jet look-and-feel instead of a sedan.

And like someone mentioned, the back of the Camaro resembles the C6 Corvette, which you stated is not a bad thing, but... if the Camaro team will do something to the Camaro for the 6th gen similar to what the Corvette team did for the C7, I think it will be a more evolutionary change from the 5th gen. I think the lines at the outer corners need to be softened.

The rear license plate area should envelope the entire plate IMO.

The back has been improved and I'm going to redo the entire rear license plate area. I've figured out how to make it look like the 2D drawing; just need time to do it.

After reviewing your current dimensions, it looks that the car will come in at weight greater then the current Gen. I'm sure you'll work on making the necessary changes to meet the standards of what everyone on here would like to see the car come in around 3500 to 3600 lbs.
The weight is dependent on the alpha platform of which I have no idea the weight. The weight isn't based on body dimension as much as what's underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Doc, I know I busted your balls many moons ago with your first design, but I'm like where you're going. I saw one poster above say about it looking like an 04 Monte. I could see that on your first couple of side pics, but I no longer feel that way.

Nice job. I could never put that much time into something that will never come to life. Interesting to see just the same.
Thank you motorhead.

Here's the latest snapshots. Side mirrors are on, and they work by the way. I can adjust the mirror inside the housing. I positioned them there to keep them out of the way for your forward vision, and they are still fully visible to the driver due to the lowered front window sills. I'll take a couple of snapshots later with a "driver" cam I've put inside that shows the driver's view looking out of the car.

I added the rear brake cooling duct on the side, the back up lights, the CAMARO on the back and doing general tweaks to body panel geometry as I go. Once I get the lower diffuser and exhaust pipes on the back it will look pretty good I think.

Name:  2016 Camaro 3Q mirror1.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  80.0 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro 3Q mirror2.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  102.2 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro frontH.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  48.7 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro backH.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  50.9 KB