View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 PM   #10
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
I checked about 10 different SS's, of which were a good mix of 1SS, 2SS, NMRC and MRC. And this is what I can say for now:

-All cars had the same ride height for the rear suspension, even my car.
-All of the NMRC cars had front ride heights HIGHER than all of the MRC cars. I know my car dropped in front over time and I expect the cars I measured all to at some point. I am not sure why all of the MRC cars were already lower - I would have expected them to, if anything, be the same as the NMRC cars, as all cars were brand new. The one SS with NMRC that I found that had been on the lot a while measured out similar to my car.
-MRC strut spring perches are at the same place compared to NMRC struts.
-I started to note spring part numbers and it seems the springs follow MRC vs. NMRC and coupe vs. convertible. Logical, yes, but I wanted to state that since there doesn't seem to be anything that follows 1SS vs. 2SS.

I do not think the rear suspension ride height is any different than NMRC. I noted there is a specific part number for the rear spring, lower insulator between NMRC and MRC. If the insulator has any dimensional difference, I doubt it's much at all.

As far as the front suspension, there may still be something to do with the top mounts/strut mounts and/or upper spring perch (something a little different on these 6G Camaros that isn't on your typical McPherson). I still think there is a difference because it seems every car with MRC that has put NMRC lowering springs on, the front does not lower to the amount advertised.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote