View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #206
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
FH65, I can totally indeed understand that it's a business decision but the question in the thread seems to be one of what we can expect from a move of the Camaro to a different plant. Everyone loves the current production, for the most part, and the move back South of the car does raise some concerns. There is absolutely no doubt the car can be great, but for that matter it can be great built anywhere given the right circumstances.

My question to you, as I'm currently reading your other thread and you are the GM guy, is are they cutting a different deal for the Camaro facility than they are the Caddy one? Or, are they just going to blend it into the same line and production personnel? Seeing as they have already stated that the Camaro production will have a $15-$19/hr wage expectation I don't understand how they can do it.
We've all seen the news stories on how hard Detroit has been hit and the jobs are very much needed. But is it realistic to expect a pride in workmanship and stability at these lower wages? Or if I'm out to lunch on this and that's a good going wage for the area then by all means let me know. Maybe someone from the area can chime in because I just don't see how it can have long term viability.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote