Thread: Gen6 lineup?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
With the Corvette and the trucks going to the gen5 LT series engines, I would assume that the 6th generation Camaro will be on the gen5 LT series engines exclusively as well. The only engines I've seen mentioned thus far are the LT1 and then there were rumors on AutoBlog and GMI about a supercharged direct injected v8 engine. I can see how the LT1 is the replacement to the LS3, the supercharged direct injected engine being a replacement to the LS9, but I'm unsure of what would be the gen5 series equivalent of the 427 LS7.

That said - personally, I'd like to see the ZL1 continue because it's such a great "bang for buck" high performance vehicle. It'd be nice if it was able to blow the doors off the GT500 in every single aspect, though.

If they continued a Z/28 or Z28, I'd rather it be the Z/28 and continue the same path they're on -- stripper car meant for track performance and weekend cruiser, not meant as a daily driver... that's what the heritage of the Z/28 is all about. I'd like to see the SS 1LE continue for the daily driver track car, too...

At the end of the day, as long as we have a proven answer to every model that Ford offers on the Mustang, I'd be happy.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote