View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
The good thing is, the Hellcat numbers are out of the bag and we will know more about the GT350 in the next 9-12 months. Which means the cards will be out on the table for GM and they will know what they need to do. However history could repeat itself, like when the ZL1 was released with a little more power than the prior GT500, but then Ford rained on that parade quickly with the 662 hp GT500. Either way it should push for continual improvement for all brands.
Call me pessimistic but I am 100% sure that is what is going to happen. The ZR1 launched with 638/604 and the ZL1 launched with 580/556 3 years later... The Corvette has to be the most powerful car in the fleet at all times, and as long as it exists, the Camaro will never be as fast out of the box as it should be, which will give Dodge and Ford plenty of breathing room.

Though I think Dodge is just flexing with 707hp - it's bragging rights. The new SVT probably won't have similar figures. And the Camaro has proven to be the top dog on the track.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote