View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #328
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
This is a good exercise. For my taste, I am missing some articulation in the rear upper quarters. The rear deck is too linear, and as a whole I am not getting a feel that this design is speaking of what a camaro could look like. The earlier renderings had some nice detailing cues in the front and aft views, but even with the profile of the earlier renderings, the body seemed too linear and the A & C pillars seemed a bit generic and not taking a stab at a camaro design cue.

Additionally, I am not feeling the indentations at the front fenders (from the scion and mitsu twins), and the rear light panel from the charger speak....actually with the red signal bars...is an interesting move that looks neat. Some of the trim details like the breathing gills at the lower quarters and the openings in the bumper are busy and aren't connecting with the design.

Try doing a clay model based on your sketches. I feel that the body profile is missing some volume shapes (such as contouring at the rear quarters, deck,). 3-d studies with plastic materials such as clay, and maybe more studies with a CAD 3d system could add some life to the design, and perhaps point it more towards a sense of what a camaro (meaning a new generation with cues to reflect its heritage) could look like.

Just my opinion. Keep up the enthusiasm.....you have some nice ideas that could develop into a feasible look of a future camaro.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic