View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #186
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by danl View Post
I too, love my Canadian built 2013 Camaro. The Oshawa plant has achieved one of the most highest rating by JD Powers for least amount of mistakes made on a car, much less a muscle car, like the Camaro. I am American, and an ex-marine, so I love the US, but lets face it, American auto workers in the past have not done too well in terms of quality built vehicles. I am not bashing anyone, or anything, just stating facts. I had a 1990 Camaro z-28, and it was plagued with problems from the GM van nuys Ca plant. Back then, it was constant in the news, they were whining for more money, but quality was worse. Now, since 2010, thru 2013, ( not sure how the last year will pan out, if the Oshawa workers are disgruntled...) we had a real nice, solid, tight, car! No rattles, squeaks, etc...and it was a Camaro!!!
I love my car. I am crazy anxious about the 6th gen. Will I keep the 2013, or wait until its 50th anniversary in 2017, when my car would have been paid off anyways..I hope Americans will take pride in the car returning home to the US again, and not let the unions try to muscle in on them like they always do. Oshawa will survive, but if our younger US work force does drop the ball on this car....We may all regret the move away from the Oshawa plant.
Like I said, I had a 1990, and even the dealer stated that most, if not all, of those issues of that car was related to poor workmanship, and lack of pride at GM van nuys.
And I loved that car, but the 2013 Camaro 2ss simply blows the old z28 away in everything.
Here is hoping the Lansing Team will make each car with the same amount of pride as it was made at Oshawa. The problem with production lines, are cars soon become just another thing going down an endless line, day in day out. If the work force is not dedicated, and mature enough, its easy to slip, and miss things. But eventually, that missed, or slipped car will end up in someone's drive way.....then the pain begins.
Not to start an argument but comparing a 3rd gen to a 5th gen quality wise isn't even fair. Heck comparing anything from the early 80's to now isn't fair. I think given the new chassis and technology the next CAMARO will be of high quality. Just as a reference look at the vette it's built here in the states.