View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Translation: the V8 will be in short supply (and high cost) due to the CAFE legislation. GM will no doubt push the 4 banger Camaro in large numbers to meet the CAFE of 36mpg by 2016. The last 4cyl Camaro was in 1982.
Folks, the future is bleak..keep the gen 5 SS going!!!
Not at ALL!! If 4-cylinder turbo engine gets put into a much lighter Camaro (a 4 cylinder 6thgen could weigh as little as 3300lbs) it'll absolutely FLY. It's possible it would be even faster than our current 6 cylinder.

Don't let the number of cylinders fool you. GM's turbo-4 has a LOT to offer. In Cobalt and Sky/Solstice applications, it even has an available factory power-boost tune that translates to well over 300 ft/lbs of torque and almost 300hp...all while achieving over 30mpg.

(I still want my V8, that we'll apparently be getting...but don't discount the possibility of a 4-banger...or try to compare it to that "Iron Duke" misfortune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
The 5th Gen is awesome so I trust the 6th Gen will also be awesome. GM is doing some great things these days and I trust they'll continue to innovate and improve upon their products.
People....this is all a rumor....and a 4-year out rumor at that. But listen closely....

The Camaro Team cares just as much or MORE than you do about Camaro. They are keenly aware of where it's roots are, where it stands today, and where it should go in the future. They are more in touch with the enthusiast than any car of any brand anywhere. So please "keep the faith" as we did when the 4th gen went on hiatus.

Keep the Faith that the Camaro team will do right by the enthusiast and deliver an equally-outstanding next-generation Camaro that they've brought us in the 5th gen (or better!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
C'mon folks, smaller and lighter will be a path to more efficient Camaros.
And to their continued existance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
The Gen5 was designed with a convertible in mind. Maybe we'll see the Gen6 designed with a T-TOP in mind.
It would be hard, because that would require further modification of the Alpha chassis to support it. That equals more $$$, and from what I've heard, this platform isn't what you'd call "cheap". It's supposed to hold Cadillacs, mind you.......They take that "Standard of the World" slogan VERY seriously over there.