View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #175
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
It amazes me that the NLRB is not jumping all over this. It was the NLRB that jumped all over Boeing trying to build a production plan in South Carolina because it was a right to work state.

Policies. We must change.
Um, I understand what you're getting at, but I think you're overlooking one important detail: The NLRB is a US Federal entity. It has no jurisdiction over a foreign country, which Canada happens to be. And it would look a little silly if our federal government was fighting to keep jobs from coming to the US. Bottom line, Canadian union workers can't vote in American Presidential elections- yet. Give them time, I'm sure they're working on that.
As for the Boeing thing, that was purely political. Being in a Boeing employed family (Machinist Union), I can tell you jobs were not lost here in the Seattle area as a result of SC. As a matter of fact, Boeing has been hiring throughout the whole thing. They (NLRB) were all ready to nail Boeing to the wall, when somebody realized it wouldn't look good for the administration to close a new plant down in an economically depressed area, just before an election. Just as quickly, the case was dropped. I'm sure the Union donors got, or will get their payback elsewhere.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote