View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 04:15 PM   #53
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I didn't read the entire thread. But I'm assuming the guy who is criticizing this ad post is doing so because of the way it was presented. If you guys had said something like "Hey Camaro6, we have a new catch can available" or something to that extent then I think it would have been fine. But to make a YT type post kinda is annoying. These YT guys make sensationalist posts like "OMG this is why I hate my Camaro" or "OMG this is the best knob shifter on the planet" or like "WTF is my engine destroyed" and so on. We seen Yolo D-Bag and many other YTers with huge following use these types of sensational and exaggerated headlines and it turns out to be clickbait or some other gimmick to make people click on it so they can keep traffic going thru their channels. Not many people on here like that or appreciate that type of approach. And I certainly don't want that type of approach becoming the mainstream on here. A simple ad post letting us know that you guys are making a product that is for sale and then posting the results and details is enough. That way we know what we're in for when we click on it. But the topic to this thread makes it seem like this is some random customer who, holy cow, just found the best thing ever...lol, and it is off putting. Anyway, that's just my opinion on what set dude off. And not for nothing, I refrained from even clicking on this thread when it first popped up because I immediately knew what it was. That's just my guess.

In short, advertisers should probably stick to just regular advertising styles instead of "OMG" "WOWZER" "HOLEE CRAP" style headlines...and maybe keep it out of the ZL1 discussion thread since there are plenty of more appropriate sub-forums where these threads can be posted.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote