View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #25
Auto Motive

Drives: 1995 Corvette Coupe Artic White
Never buy a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
(Not that it applies to SS guys) But us V6 guys really got screwed when they rolled out the LFX engine and decided to integrate the exhaust manifold. Not having long tube headers is awful.

You certainly didn't see Ford taking away long tubes for the Mustang V6...
I am not knocking any guys that own a V6 but....as a senior who has been into cars for 50 years I tell every young person the only way to fly is the V8. If you don't have enough money to buy a new one, find a low mileage used one or save enough to get the V8.

Every car I ever bought was a V8 and yes I saved an extra couple years to get one. Sacrifice is a word young people need to get used to. Two jobs was a no brainer during my younger years raising a family and both me and my wife working those long hours.

When my daughter was looking for a modern muscle car it was between the Camaro SS, Mustang GT and Challenger 392. She test drove all three cars and decided on finding a Challenger online. Eventually after a year a leftover 2012 in the color combo she wanted was discounted $10k from Landmark Dodge in Morrow GA 700 miles away.

Last April 2013 the car was delivered. She saved and saved and yes saved and got the car of her dreams with a V8. Blue with silver stripes and its a true touring car.

So now you have the V6 and want some more performance. Get another job and pay the car off. Save for a V8. Sacrifice and waiting are two very important attributes in getting the car you really want not the one you settle on.
Auto Motive is offline   Reply With Quote