View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #157
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Seriously? Ever taken your car to the track?!? 2 engines and 2 transmissions put me into a Vette. The current car is too fat for it's weak drivetrain.
Seriously, been to the track (the kind with curves) and the SS was awesome and it kept up with anything on the track with me. And I am not the best driver. My car isn't stock, with a few well placed mods the stout 5th gen chassis shines. Even stock this is a good handling car. Can improvemnts be made? Sure, as with any car built to a price.

I also go to the drags often but have not raced my car yet. Even though the Mustang Coyote is faster in the right hands I see 5th gen Camaros coming out on top about half the time. So even with the extra 200 pounds it is usually a drivers race GT versus SS.

So who wouldn't agree a lighter car is better? But the extra weight does not ruin the car. One nice benefit is the perfect crash test score.

I wonder though if the 6th gen really will wind up being 200 pounds lighter. I for one doubt it. If so it may wind up being more expensive,

I do agree the axles should be stronger. GM needs to up their game in that area.