View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #93
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Remember the CAMARO IS AN AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR not a european road course racer. Guess you know what I think if it

A+ for effort though!!!
Guess you haven't been reading what's coming in 2020+ for regulations and such. Did you know that legislators want to take away your ability to even control your own car? They want "driverless" cars; read up on it and vote wisely. There's a good chance the big V8 muscle cars may not be around much longer, so in the meantime I'm looking at a possible design for the alternative; high-performance 4 or 6 cylinder cars.

There's nothing wrong with a European road course racer; take a look at the Z/28 and take note where they were (The Nurburgring in Europe) as they developed and refined its abilities. I don't think GM wants to shut out the European market so having a car that works both here and there isn't a bad thing.

Now, having said all that this is as I've already stated a work-in-progress which means it's changing, can change, will change as it evolves. Instead of just giving it a thumbs down which is utterly useless to me (or any designer), how about describing what you like/don't like (and don't get cute with a reason like "because it looks like a European racer") and give me some ideas of what you WOULD like to see? That's why this is a work-in-progress. I can and do take constructive feedback. Give me descriptions that I can do something with and make changes accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperativeXIV View Post
I guess I'm thinking more like if the front opening (what the heck is the term for that?) was just a straight slice across the entire front of the car with no left or right sides - though it almost looks like that's pretty much what you've done?
Yeah that is exactly what I did but I gather it's still not quite what you were envisioning? Do you see the cut-through at the corners going back farther towards the wheels?

Here's a preliminary shape for the back; I'm still working out details so I don't want to see posts by people barfing because they "don't like it". And for anyone considering posting comments; I don't care if you don't like it. That's useless to me. If you like it great; if you don't then tell me why; what is it you don't like exactly? What would you like to see? Read through the constructive feedback some have given on this thread to get an idea of what kind of information to write so I can have something to work with.

I also don't care if it "looks like... (whatever)". What I want to know is: do you like it? If yes then great; if not then describe what it is about the shape/style that you don't like. Don't make that description "I don't like it because it looks like... (whatever)". Give me descriptions like "it's too thin, or too tall" etc. Describe the feature(s) you would like to see changed and try and give me an idea of what type of change you want.

I'm making the effort to translate descriptions into images; all I ask is that people commenting make the effort to give me useful descriptions.

So here's the early stages of the back of the car. At the moment there's no lower diffuser and I'm going to copy the front headlight/sidelight style for the back, so the round tail lights will go away. Right now what I'm interested in is the shape; the look and feel as it were. (Oh and just as a side note, these snapshots show a new wheel style.)

Name:  2020 Concept alt10fa.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  82.0 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10fb.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt10fc.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  73.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote