View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I say take this with a grain of salt.

But I will say that I hope GM doesn't lose the V6 in the Camaro. Why not develop it just like the ATS which should be the same platform the next Camaro rides on. It already has a Turbo 4 and a V6, so why not offer that in the Camaro? V6 riding on that lighter platform with a modern transmission should easily be capable of low to mid 30s mpg on the highway. Not to mention also capable of mid to low 5 second 0 - 60 and mid to high 13s out of the box. Throw some simple bolt ons on there and you have a V6 that is nearing the capability of a modern SS L99

That leads me to my 2nd thought. 35mpg city and 45 highway on a turbo 4?????? No way will I believe it until I see it. There is no such thing as a turbo 4 with 300+ HP that can get close 40 combined mpg. If GM really can pull this off (and I don't think anyone can pull it off right now) well then props to them and I see why they'd offer a turbo 4 with those kinds of numbers. Holy geez...

...anyways GM if you are listening. Give us options. Let us pick a strung out 4, a strong 6, or the new 5.x liter DI V8.