View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #184
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
I retired from the Lansing, Mi. G.M Plant Operations ( Main Plant before the Grand River Plant ), I think I can shed some light on why the Camaro is going to Lansing.

Lets start with why the Oshawa plant got the Camaro in the first, there's several reasons to pick from. The top two reason G.M pulled the Camaro from the St. Therese plant where poor quality and work force to match.......G.M closed there doors and said good riddance to a plant they should have closed years earlier.

G.M has other plans for the Oshawa plant, because the work force there has shown they can build a quality product and also work with G.M they will have plenty of work to do in the future.

The same goes for the Lansing Grand River plant, there work force builds a quality product and also has worked well with G.M for many many years. The workers in the G.R Plant look forward to building you your next Camao with the same pride as the workers in Oshawa Plant do today.

When I started working for G.M ( 1966 ) we were building 442's, W-30's, W-31's and Ram Rods, what a great time for the young workers today at the G.R Plant to remember when they get old like me.

One other thing, to think the right to work law had anything to do with Lansing getting the Camaro is stupid.....the governor of the Michigan might like you to believe it did but that's because he's a stupid man.