View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #135
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
No one seems to be willing to answer the simple question "If no additional choices effect the
Essence or prestige of the Camaro, does the same apply to the Corvette?" Why not a 4 cylinder econo Vette? That won't hurt it's image will it?
I'll take a shot lol.

Vette is a $50K starting performance car....period. It definitely stands to have its image tarnished much more than a Camaro would, with a turbo 4 cylinder engine going into it.

Camaro starts in the low to mid 20s, which is a very resonable number for someone that may want a sporty looking car, something fun to cruise around or be seen in, but can't afford a top end model, like the Vette.

But that has always been the case for Camaro and Mustang....you either get great looks at an affordable price, or great looks and performance for a little more.

Vette on the other hand, has stood as a performance car for a very long time. With the Corvette, you get looks and great peformance at the starting price, and if you pay more, you get even better looks and AMAZING performance. Vette is not meant to be something every average Joe can afford to buy.

Because of this, I don't think comparing the Camaro and the Corvette is fair.