View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #1088
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
First drive reviews are out today. Autoblog, Road & Track, Car & Driver, etc.

I've read 3 or 4 of them.

Synopsis:
Good driving car
GT sounds much better than before with active valves (mentioned in one review that Camaro already had it)
Mag ride works well (again, mentioned Camaro already had it)
10 spd is great, good mannered, and smart when driven aggressively
New 12" screen looks great
5.0 runs fantastically and builds up to a fury at higher rpms, but still lacks the same lower end punch of the LT1 in the Camaro, although better than before.
Performance Package drives nice and accurate, but not as sharp feeling as 1LE, but more comfortable than 1LE (duh).

Basically...I haven't read anything that surprises me. I haven't seen any 0 - 60 testing or 1/4 mile testing in any of the reviews I read which seemed odd.

I'm annoyed at how many times I'm seeing the reviewers compare the GT with mag ride and PP to the SS1LE. It should be compared to the SS with Mag ride. Even the upcoming MotorTrend Head2Head (which cool!) is still a bummer b/c its this way. They say they can't get their hands on the GTPP2 yet...Ok then why not get an SS with Mag ride instead of the 1LE???
It seems all of these first rides were at a media event, so they could get first impressions. I don't think any of them got to "test" the cars with their equipment.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote