View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #215
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
As a Disciple I can take all of this to the Camaro Team... some are possible, some are not. You add goodies, you add weight, everything is give & take. They will ask...are you willing to pay the price?

Janet
Janet brings forth a very good point:

At what price point? We all love carbon fiber - but it is expen$$$$$ive!

The reality of the automobile business today is that you are limited in 'free-flow' options - because it adds huge costs and it also negatively affects product quality. So - that means that some of the features you're asking for will necessarily have to go in the 2LT and the 2SS packages - which increases the price..........

It's important that the Camaro remain a 'Chevrolet' in terms of price. That means that the base car cannot have everything that people are asking for......so if we include things such as carbon fiber - it would be on our uplevel packages -

So you say "Fine! I'm willing to pay for it!" -- well - you might be, but what other percentage of the population is willing to pay for it? THAT'S the catch.

We have to make hard, fast decisions - so we get some good stuff out of threads such as this - but we also have to weed thru a lot of undoables.......

Keep it coming - but again - think about what I'm saying in terms of PRICE and WEIGHT and build complexity.