View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #94
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCowboy View Post
I honestly have to disagree, even if the Camaro turns out to be faster then the vette doesn't mean its faster lol. If the Camaro was close in weight to the mustang or c7 vette and has the same hp as the vette or more then the mustang might mean its faster on paper ie hp to weight ratio.

But have to look at more then that. Width of tire/wheel combo for traction. suspension setup for traction and turning, gear ratios for acceleration etc. All of those could and do make a dramatic effect on how much faster a car is then another. So what Im getting at it is possible they would make the Camaro much much lighter then the 5th gen and have a similar power to weight ratio as the vette, but the vette would still out perform the Camaro in every category thus holding the position as GMs flag ship car and both cars still pounding the snot out of the mustang. Just my honest opinion, not looking to step on anyones toes

But as far as GM ruining the vette or new Camaro I don't think they will, like said many times all over the net, hateres are going to hate, there will always be people that hate a new design, no matter how good it actually is, there will always be "loyalists" who say they runined the name. But when it comes down to it, things need to change to keep buyers interested. The word ruin will be completely opinion based
If you guys believe they will let a 37k Camaro get too close to their 60k Vette in performance you have another thing coming. There are Camaro's that out perform Vettes but you surely pay for it. A Zl1 outperforms a Grand sport but they cost about the same. Z28 outperforms many Vettes but you really pay for it. As far as the suspension, wheels, brakes, gear ratios Ect.. If you took the 1LE, put a LT1 in it and removed 400lbs the performance would be wayyyy too close for GM comfort vs a C7. If you have 4 seater car that looks great for 37k that has the same or close performance as your 60k flagship car how are you expected to justify the cost difference to buyers? Lots of people look at bang for your buck and won't care about the social status of the name or interior quality. This is why I don't think we will see a Camaro SS under 3600 lbs and that's bad news for the car