Thread: New oil for GM
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #19
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
I run Amsoil. Depending what I am doing I will switch the weights. My valve train is so much quieter since I switched. It made an audible difference. I am a huge believer in their products. Blackstone results would tend to agree with my sentiments.

I have run it in everything from go carts,full blown race cars, drag boats, Hotrods and streetcars. Stuff just works.

Funny story plug for Amsoil.... When I ran quarter midgets as a kid the motor was designed to pick up oil from the crank case and splash it on the crank. I think it was called Trough Oiling type system. Anyway, we used to run the oil level so low, it would barely have any resistance as it went to pick up the oil. Got another 2-3 hundred RPM out of it. We constantly got impounded for inspection and they could never find anything because, well, there was nothing illegal about it. My old man was a pretty clever cat. Its a resistance game.Never had an engine failure and the motors never let up. It will definitely take some abuse. I swear by the stuff.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote