View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #31
DRKnightSS1

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS1 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You said they had similar power, and in the very next sentence you said the Camaro needs the power of a V8. You don't see that as a contradiction?

Also, if you've every had a turbo vehichle then you know you are just one tune away for lots more power. So, if they start out at similar power, then you will get more power per mod buck for the turbo engine.

Finally, when did you even mention sound? V8 sound and a couple of bucks will get you a cup off coffee at Starbucks. You can enjoy that as you watch the tuned TT's tail light disapear into the distance.
Pretty clever coffee story I must admit. It's cute. I have owned a vehicle in the past that had a turbo so I am quite aware of their capabilities. But we aren't talking about aftermarket mods here just factory setup. If I wanted to beat every Joe Shmoe on the road it'd be a V8 forcefed monster not a TT'd V6.

And I was simply stating that the sound factor is just a small reason why a V8 suits a Camaro better or any muscle car for that matter. I've heard plenty of turbocharged V6 Camaros and the sound is like a lawnmower on roids. Not desirable whatsoever.

If I didn't know better I would say you were a V6 owner? Bottom line, GM will never produce a Camaro with that setup, period.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Note 2.
DRKnightSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote