View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #19
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I'm with Senna

Even though some may say nannies may have saved his life, Ayrton Senna was against computer aided control. The best way I could relate it, is, it's like forging a fine blade for years, then hand sharpening it to a perfect edge..... THEN putting a blade guard on it because it's too sharp and someone may get hurt.

The current "I love my nannies, they make life wonderful" attitude will have you sitting in the back seat of a google car in no time

Don't get me wrong, some aids are beneficial, but overall the skill of driving may be going extinct.

Quote:
The technical regulations for the 1994 Formula One season were announced at the 1993 Canadian Grand Prix.[7] One of the major announcements was that electronic aids were to be banned from Formula One, which included power brakes and the traction control system.[8] Also banned for the 1994 season was the use of ABS and active suspension.[9] This was done as there were fears that electronic aid systems were levelling the field up, putting more emphasis on the car rather than the driver talent.[10][11] Some spoke out against traction control, including Senna, who said he preferred to have more control of the car instead of having the computers drive it for him.