View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #33
Austin48624

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Extremely common unfortunately...I upgraded to 1LE axles almost immediately after purchasing the car(it already had 90k of unknown mi) so I have the stock axles for emergency backup...

So much info...stopping wheel hop is PARAMOUNT! As you discovered, the uncontrolled oscillations cause the stock cv's cages to self destruct...not necessarily a BAD THING because it saves the diff(hopefully)...as long as the suspension is in decent shape make sure the car has a good alignment...rear especially since we want the tires point straight under acceleration....

I am still learnin too! First trip 13.5, second trip 12.7 and with my recent mods I hope the third trip is equally as rewarding....biggest mod is DRIVER mod... seriously...

and to clarify the e-brake launch...if you don't actively use it and therefore do not understand how to properly utilize this method(regardless of power adder!!!) please refrain from commenting on it(not you OP)...why? well I will let the following video speak for itself and anyone of you can PM BFASTNOTLAST and get it from the proverbial horses mouth...AND this is STILL the STOCK clutch!!!!!

BTW - 10 sec N/A...
Thank you for this info! I really do appreciate it!
Austin48624 is offline   Reply With Quote