View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #36
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
You've gotta be kidding me....

Was this before you knew how it performed - and especially against a ZL1 for instance?
Not kidding at all, they still wanted $130K for this particular "demo" which already had about 500 or so miles on her at that time.

This was before the ZL1 was even confirmed to even be officially built...the ZL1 was still in the rumor stage. But I had already rode in my co-workers GT350 which had a $12K mark up at that time brand new. I'll be honest, I really like the look of the GT350's...that does not take away my love for my ZL1 or any of my Vettes. The GT350 has a flat-plane crank (like my R1), naturally aspirated powered motor...it's quite special. The handling is very good, just lacking the supercharger and muscle of the ZL1, but still a really good car. There are different companies out there now coming out with supercharger setups for the GT350, so power is available for those who want it...as is More power for the ZL1 for those who want it....point is, for any car with a good platform, more power can be had if you want more.

I have no doubt the GT500 will be better than the previous version, but the cost may be painful for those who want one. I can't wait to see how many they are limited to...1000?...2-3000? that will help determine how crazy the pricing is going to be...not the MSRP...the "real" price lol
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote