View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #42
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
It looks too much like a Corvette, its too small to be a Camaro, and the body lines and design make it look like something from the 80's, too old. Its a complete step back from the current Camaro's jump. What made this generation (5th) so successful is it looks futuristic.
The Camaro is just a Corvette that is much more liveable on a daily basis. Its got 4 seats, rides more comfortably, and is safer. Its always been higher off the ground so it can clear pretty much any road situation with ease. Look at the main complaints about the 5th gen. Its always been the visibility and the trunk space, both aspects that reduce its ease as a daily driver.
Car design is moving more towards this:

Not this:

If you handed your render to someone and told them to place it with one of the two images I posted there based off which it looks closer to in design they'll put it on the Fiero.

We all know GM has influence on this site, look at the concept that got front paged recently:

It wasn't a coincidence they front paged that, they are performing market research for free lol. Look at the new Transformers 4 Camaro too. Although its obviously a modified Gen 5 they are giving us a rough sketch of the 6th Gen. It will look similar to that front paged concept and the T4 car. Just basically take the T4 car and shrink it down. I feel like this is all in plain site or am I going crazy?

I don't think you should give up though. A "mini" Corvette/Camaro definitely would have a market based off sales of that BRZ thing Subaru made.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/20/s...-selling-cars/

Take your design and "futurise" it. The tail lights and head lights need a serious revamp, I'd start there. Take cues from all new major brands. Nowadays you need some kind of halo/led strip, something. You also need some kind of led runner on the bottom of the bumper and probably an exaggerated and aggressive grille. Cars nowadays are all moving towards more tough looking urban street fighter cars. Then take the roof line down as it would be a 2 seater.

It sucks when people don't like something you took a lot of time to make but you have to be ready for that possibility. As long as you like it you should be happy. If other people get you upset then you weren't really making it for you. I spent months building a custom bumper for my car and there were/are a LOT of people who hated it but at the end of the day I love it and that is what matters.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote