View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #171
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I have a hunch we aren't.................
Well now I know for sure that someone from GM has seen this thread. Hopefully Scott and whomever else from GM that looks at it will take it in the spirit with which it's been created. After being vocal on the forum about not liking the back of the 2014 refresh (I've seen it in person now; still don't like it) I read one of Scott's replies and it made me sit back and think. The Camaro design team doesn't hate the Camaro, nor did they deliberately downgrade the looks. They honestly thought this refresh was at the least equal to it's predecessor, if not an actual upgrade in styling. I don't envy them their position of having to make changes to such a wildly successful and iconic car.

My intention with this thread was to "put up or shut up" about the styling, by offering something constructive as to what I would have liked to/would like to see. My design goals were driver visibility; in particular the forward view to the corners, lighter and smaller than the 5th gen., a move towards a more upscale muscle car/road GT design/style with a sleeker, more modern design. I also wanted to minimize if not outright avoid trendy styling gimmicks.

I believe I've achieved my goals with this concept and hopefully the design team at GM will get some ideas to help them make the 6th gen a dynamic and exciting car visually. I have no doubt it will be that way mechanically and technologically.

I need to see if I can find a 3d model of a 5th Camaro that I can place next to mine and render them both together so viewers can get a really good idea how much difference there actually is, yet this concept still has that familiar "it's a Camaro" look and feel.

Thank you Scott for your original post defending the Camaro design team which inspired my whole concept project, and for taking the time to view this effort.

Just for fun I'm in the process of creating a street scene to provide something more interesting than just the car sitting in the middle of nowhere or in a garage. I'm thinking of maybe creating the Nighthawk Cafe opposite the far corner.
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote