View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
22 volts into a zl1 pump, bypassing fpcm

my added inline pumps are not giving me as much fuel as I had hoped. one should take me to my current hp but I have to run both. also I have to turn the first pump on very early like around 100kpa for it to be spooled up for when the boost comes on. I could have reworked my aux fuel system, maybe with some better pumps and I may but I decided to try the voltage booster at 22volts and see how far that gets me.

since I have the secondary low side with a regulator return I am able to run the stock pump full speed bypassing the fpcm. I did a garage test and have it set up so below 80kpa it is 14.5v and by 120kpa it is 22 volts. I set my base pressure at 50psi.

one question I have always had, does the factory fpcm goto 100% duty cycle when it needs to? if not this will fix that issue.

if you run the jms and keep the fpcm I am told you have to limit the output voltage to 16.5volts. bypassing the fpcm allows me to run it all the way up to 22volt.

this set up wouldn't work for very many people. you need to have a fuel pressure regulator with a return line. I had this because of my 2nd fuel system. I think anyone with a cordes fuel system could do what I am doing.

it is raining and I am still working out the bugs with the new cam so I wont have any data to share but I do plan on pushing it soon and making it to the dyno so I should be able to report at what hp level the fuel pressure from just the boosted zl1 pump starts to fall off.