View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #155
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I love my Oshawa built SS...glad to see they are not shuttering the plant. They do great work up there.
+1

Ironic I posted this (below) up tonight on FACEBOOK "CAMARO OWNERS" Group.

What makes your Camaro great? Since it is the holiday season I want to say a couple of quick things about my car and why I think it rocks!

Orange Krate has a blog on another popular website (Camaro5). The history behind the car is totally covered on the blog and pretty much everything about Orange Krate is documented in photos and some of my life history behind the purchase.

But that is not what makes Orange Krate special. What does? It is the LOVE behind each and every Camaro that comes down that assembly line in Oshawa, Canada. The people at the assembly plant have an outstanding product and attitudes to go with it.

One of the line supervisors (Mike Judge) started a tradition with the Gen 5 by creating a limited number of lithographs, numbering them and giving them to a lucky recipient who may be totally shocked (as I was) by receiving one. The lithograph and other two documents are original wet ink signatures by many of those folks who built Orange Krate. You just don't see that occur in the mass auto market these days. The documents show the date and VIN of the car too as well as Orange Krate's
name.

I was shocked, ecstatic, surprised and overwhelmed all rolled into one, to receive Lithograph #182 after I took ownership of my car and I value these documents above all other things Camaro! Why? Because it is the people who make this car that make it great and the people in this group that keep the LEGEND alive!

Go Camaro, Oshawa team and Camaro Owners!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR one and all.

Jim
Attached Images

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote